Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Frisco, Colorado - Part 2

Well, I got a little distracted there with the turn of the new year and a pretty busy month so far. In addition to lots of school and extracurricular activities for the kids, I have been doing the Whole 30 plan and Yoga with Adriene 30 day journey for 2019. I am on Day 21 and Day 17 respectively for each one, but will share more about those in another post.

Today, I want to finish up sharing our trip to Colorado last summer.
You can see my other posts here:
Colorado Trip - Denver
Colorado Trip Pt. 2 - Red Rocks
Colorado Trip Pt. 3 - Mt. Evans
Frisco Colorado - Day 1&2


On our third morning in Frisco, my husband headed out for a longer bike ride to Keystone. So the kids and I took our time having breakfast, and then headed to a playground close to Main Street. My teenage son sometimes feels he is a little too old for playgrounds these days, but my daughter loved it! And eventually he gave in and joined us.
It was a pretty nice view there. The playgrounds here at home definitely don’t have a view like that!
Our next stop was to drop Evan off at the marina so he could fish for a little while. Erin and I had planned a visit to the Art Studio on Main Street.

It was a fun creative, space decorated with the owner's artwork. There were many arts and crafts activities to choose from, and Erin decided to decorate a picture frame. While she was painting away, I explored the studio.
One of my absolute favorite quotes was painted in a corner! I collect magnets from all the cities and places we visit. I decided to get a Frisco magnet from her shop because it was so unique.
When Mike had finished his ride, he biked over to us to hang out for a little bit before going home to change and pick up Evan so we could all have lunch together.

After lunch we drove to Breckenridge, and decided to take a gondola ride up to Epic Discovery 
to check it out.

It's pretty much a resort at the top with a restaurant and activities and rides.
To be honest if you are on a budget, I would not recommend it. Although it was pretty neat riding up on the gondolas, plus there is the view.

But it is also a little pricey. The boys got the $20 per person Scenic View Ski Lift ride that took them up an extra 1100 feet. We also spent $49 on a three activity pass for Erin! So I took her...
on the Bungee trampoline ride (which you can do for $8 here)
and the Gold Runner Coaster twice which she loved. It twisted up and down around the trees!

Later that evening, the kids ate dinner at home while Mike and I had a date night. We went out to eat at a nice restaurant on main street called Vinny's. Then we decided to walk around a bit after we ate, and did a little shopping just the two of us.

The next morning, Mike and Evan headed back to Breckenridge for Evan's 16th birthday gift - a fly fishing trip.

Erin and I on the other hand decided to go back to our favorite spot...Main Street!
We had breakfast at a restaurant called Bread + Salt, went back to the museum to get another Passport with stamps, visited a little candy shop and toy store. She said it was one of her favorite parts of the trip lol.

Then we drove to pick up the boys and have lunch back at the condo before Mike went on one last bike ride.
While he was gone, I took the kids to Rainbow Park to make the 1.5 mile hike to Rainbow Lake.

It started off with this nice little wooden bridge type trail by the parking area.
 But pretty soon we were walking on terrain like this...
and this. It was definitely NOT Erin's favorite part of the trip. But Evan and I enjoyed it.

And when we reached the actual lake, it was a mostly quiet, peaceful area. Definitely a nice way to spend time waiting for Mike to come back.

That night we went back to Breckenridge for dinner at The Canteen Tap House and Tavern. We ate out on the patio and enjoyed the view for our last night in Colorado.

I'm just going to end by saying, Frisco, Colorado was one of those places that will always hold a special place in my heart. I loved it! Really reminds me of how I felt while we were in Brussels, Belgium. Sometimes you just find a place that you connect with. I have two of those places now - Frisco and Brussels. Looking forward to seeing what other cities I can add to the list!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh loving these photos!!! Looks like an amazing trip!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the photos too Mary Jo, what a beautiful place to visit. I can see why you connected with it. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete