Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I'm at a Point...

where blogging just doesn't appeal to me right now.
I have gone back and forth the last year or so wondering should I blog,
or shouldn't I.
Why do I even have a blog?
I have really enjoyed it in the past, but right now it feels like a chore.

So for now I am going to take some time off writing blog posts.
Probably a very long time. 
I still hope to read blogs and keep up with everyone,
but just in case you can find me on Facebook and Instagram if you would like.
My Instagram account is private, but you can request an invite.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/maryjo.rhoda
Instagram: http://instagram.com/maryjorhoda/

Since leaving the design team scene behind, I don't really feel the need to blog as much since I have facebook and instagram for sharing with family and friends. In fact, many blog posts here are just a repeat of what I have posted there.
I am feeling the need for less of an online presence these days,and more privacy for me and my family.
So less blogging it is.

Thanks for hanging with me here at The Scrapbook Treehouse for so long.
I am super grateful for all of the fun women I have met through my blog!
And I am thankful that many of us already follow each other on FB and Instagram.

I am not going to take my blog down just in case I do decide to come back in the future once I start regularly scrapbooking again.
I've learned never say never!

We shall see. :)


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration in the past. I can totally understand why you are doing this, I feel the same so often.... enjoy your time out! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your constant inspiration and beautiful posts! Will miss you here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your blog and fantastic posts!
    I will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to think things are moving more toward FB and IG, so keeping up a Blog can definitely be hard work if your heart's not in it right now. And it's good to know you'll still be sharing on Social Media, even if you're stepping back from blogging!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'll miss seeing your blog posts, I think it's important to allow yourself to step back and do what feels right for you. See you around IG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand I struggle with that once in awhile too.
    I will miss your posts they are always an inspiration!
    I will keep in touch via facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a lot of work to run a blog! I've thought about just starting a separate IG for my crafts even. Not sure about that though :) I'm headed over to find you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that the truth, technology is often repeating itself but each one takes time and energy to keep using. Lucky for me I only have the blogger, no FB or Instagram, No Linkdin, No tweeting..I spend far too much time on a PC at work (or rather 4 of them..LOL) and would rather craft with what free time I do get. See you around and thanks for all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Jo, good for you for doing what is right for you! I have enjoyed meeting you and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do that too and take breaks :) Going to miss your updates and pages. Take a break and get refresher :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya... I have gone through phases like that, where it doesn't even makes sense to say 'see on the other side of this hump'. Hang in there and do what you feel fits best with your priorities and schedule and blogging does take a lot of time. Thankful for the friendship and I know it will continue no matter what. In the meantime, if you have a fitness idea or a scrapbook page to inspire us, please do share. :-)
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just went through a VERY long blogging break and am just now returning to writing. Sometimes we need to just step away and do what feels right. :)
    I'm keeping your blog in my favorites list and will be here if you decide to come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry that we won't be seeing you for a while, but I can totally understand.
    Even I, who blogs every day for the last 5+ years, have missed a few days here and there.
    Blogging should be fun, not something that feels like another job.
    I am off to check your FB page.
    I seem to not bb able to keep up with IG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I understand completely! No one needs added pressure from an unnecessary task, and they are getting rather repetitive it seems. Technology is a moving target! I'll find you on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know exactly how you feel. I think for me, the blog (even sporadic posts) is a good journal for me of our family's adventures. I've gone back a few times to check dates, etc of certain things we've done as my memory gets fuzzy.

    Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Glad you are on Instagram --- it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just came by to say, thank you for your visit and Happy Easter to you and your family too. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete