Tuesday, March 6, 2018

OLW - Self Care in March

Before moving on to my goal for March, I just have to say that February really and truly went by so fast that it feels as if I didn't have as much time to focus on my Self Care goal as I did for exercise in January! But I still felt that I was successful.

I talked Here about my goal for February and the Vision board assignment we were given in Ali Edward's One Little Word class. I am in the process of working on my "vision board" page which I am going to just place in my album when completed. And I will hopefully have February pages to share soon.

As for my goal of nurturing and building up my relationships, I feel that having this goal definitely helped me be more mindful of how I responded to friends and family that I am close to. I reached out to several people by email and text just to reconnect. I tried to really engage in my family's interests like my husband's biking, son's drumming and my daughter's love for pets. But one of my favorite things was actually following through and creating a Self Care basket for one of my best friends on her birthday!
I mentioned in the post I linked above, that I had seen this idea on Pinterest. And it was so much fun putting this basket together for her. She totally loved it! And I was so happy to be able to focus on her and thank her for being such a great friend. I plan on doing more of these as the year progresses.
And my January goal is still something I strive for. Exercising at least once a day! Favorites are still Body Pump class, Yoga, and...
the Elliptical at the gym. I have been trying to do an hour workout at least twice a week.

As for March, in the OLW class, Ali asked everyone to commit to doing one act every day during the month. My goal for March was originally focused on more clean eating. But I have decided my daily act will be part of that goal, and I will also be keeping a food log every day except Sunday. That is my day off.
I am using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone, so it's pretty easy and convenient. I really want to be more mindful about what I am actually eating this month. I have pretty much eliminated processed sugar and am drinking zero soda or other sugary beverages. I mostly drink plain or fruit infused water and tea. But it's still pretty eye opening to realize that some meals aren't as clean as I thought.

So by the end of March, I hope to have a pretty good idea of what my food patterns are like and what changes still need to be made. I have also been trying out more recipes that are compliant with Whole 30 
Like this one...
Breakfast Salad. My husband and I both liked it quite a bit.
I'm looking forward to trying a few more Whole 30 recipes and have some pinned Here.

It feels pretty good to be taking care of myself! :)


4 comments:

  1. I am on My Fitness Pal too!!! And you are right, a lot of things I thought as 'good for me' are crazy high in numbers on there (talking to you Panera! LOL!)!!! And Brookie has those same sneakers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the kids and I get Panera all the time!! It’s our go to meal at least once a week. I usually get a pick two though with half a sandwich and let them have the soup lol

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are going strong!!!
    I am addicted to sugar....pop/soda being the one I am having a hard time with..I have given it up before, so know I can...not sure if I want to yet though,lol
    I too am on My Fitness Pal and it is surprising how many calories some foods are and to see how many I eat....or when I undereat during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally shocking to see how many calories were in those Larabars I would have sometimes for a snack at work! 200 calories! And protein bars just have way too much calories and sugars. I have them up and just try to have real food protein instead.

      Delete