Sunday, November 11, 2018

Netflix Binging


Time for another "what I'm watching on Netflix" post!

I am all caught up on most of the shows I have been watching and mentioned in the past. (Supernatural, The Good Place, Riverdale and Stranger Things) So I decided to give a few other shows I've had in my watchlist a chance.

1. Once Upon a Time
I am completely addicted to this show! In fact, I blew through the first season in less then two weeks. I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover it! It is such a clever twist on fairy tales especially with the way they have brought them into modern times. Hopefully the rest of the seasons are as good as the first season. So far so good on the second season!

2. Haven
Being a Stephen King fan, especially of his earlier work, I decided to give this show a chance. It's loosely (very loosely) based on one of his novels called The Colorado Kid. In fact, it really doesn't have a lot to do with it. But there are a few fun references to some of his other work, which I like.

I wasn't too sure about this show at first. It kind of comes across as one of those cheesy made for tv movie series that doesn't always have the best special effects. It is growing on me though, mainly due to the mystery aspect. Every time I think I have things figured out, another twist is revealed. And I am really starting to like Audrey and Nathan, but the jury is still out on Duke. Something about him just bothers me.

3. Sabrina
Ok, not 100% sure I am going to stick with this show, but thought I'd give it more of a chance since I'm only one episode in. It's kind of a mix of Supernatural meets Riverdale. And as I look at the photo posted and see at the top "from the Executive Producers of Riverdale" I can see why (lol). This is another one of those CW teen type shows that I didn't think I would ever watch. But after finishing two seasons of Riverdale and being able to look past some of the unrealistic annoyances, I may be able to do that with this show. Time will tell. The only thing I'm kind of uncomfortable with is they pretty much associate witchcraft with satanism, and I'm pretty sure that is not the case.


4. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
I've always kind of loved Jerry Seinfeld. He definitely has a carefree attitude that I sometimes wish I could emulate. I like this show because it is a unique concept. But it's kind of hit or miss for me depending on the comedian he has on that episode. And frankly, some of the shows fall flat because Jerry and his guest don't have good rapport. It's still a fun watch for me though.


5. Norm Macdonald Has a Show
Another favorite comedian of mine has his own show on Netflix. I thought it was pretty funny in a typical Norm style. Definitely not for children! Most of his guests were great and I learned some interesting facts about a lot of them! I flew through Season One without even realizing it in less than a week. I guess I can actually add this show to my "all caught up list" because it's only one season so far. But since it's new, I thought I would mention it here.

For the record, I must add that I am not a lay around Netflix binger. I mostly watch these shows while I am cooking dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, folding laundry or working out on one of the cardio machines at the YMCA. If it's a quiet day at home, I might watch an episode in the afternoon before school pick ups. But otherwise I like to stay a little active during my TV time.

So between Once Upon a Time, Haven and Sabrina, I have plenty of episodes to keep me busy for a while. Now my husband and I just need to find another good show to watch together. We just finished Sense8, but are having a hard time settling on the next one. Any suggestions? :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the print ad for Sabrina, it almost looks like a cockroach behind her. If you wouldn't have mentioned the witchcraft part, I would not have guessed it was that!

    ReplyDelete