Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mexico Trip Part 2

In this post, I shared photos from the first day of our trip to Hualtuco, Mexico.
Today I have photos from the private boat tour of the bays we took a few days after we arrived. I would say it was one of the highlights of the trip for many reasons! :)
We started off in Santa Cruz.

I had never seen a cruise ship in person before. They are really, really big (lol)
Heading out into the open water of the Pacific ocean. This trip was the first time I had ever seen the Pacific coast.
Our guide Roberto was amazing! Here he is helping Erin get a better look.
No where to hide out here! :)


So hard to see from the photo, but those are dolphins out there. We saw so many dolphins on our trip, but Mike and Evan got a better view on their second trip. Mike even captured a video on his phone cabin of the dolphins right by the boat!
Of course, Mike and Evan had to do a little fishing.

Evan reeling in his first fish!

which he was able to hold :)
Mike was able to hold one of his own that he caught, too.

Erin just watched. She didn't want anything to do with fishing. About this time she was getting sleepy and I was getting pretty sea sick.
So we stopped at the first bay where Mike, Evan, and Roberto went snorkeling. Erin and I lay on the beach and took a little nap. I felt much better for the rest of the boat ride thankfully. Just needed a break!
In the next bay, I was able to go snorkeling and it was amazing! I am not a fish person, but I loved it down there. I really didn't mind getting close to the fish at all. And Roberto would dive down and bring up starfish and puffer fish for us to touch. It was really cool!
I loved this bay - Maguey. I think it was one of my favorites next to the private little bay where Erin and I napped. And our hotel bay of course!
Evan spent most of the boat ride right up front almost the whole time where he could see everything. Even the stingrays!
And towards the end, Erin was so worn out she needed another nap! We were on the boat ride for a good four or five hours, so I wasn't surprised she was tired. But it's been ages since she napped.

If you are ever in Mexico and have the chance to go on one of the boat tours, do it! Such an amazing experience! :)





17 comments:

  1. This is something I'd love to do (minus the fishing and sea sickness, LOL!) Looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun (well except for the sea sickness!) ... LOVE the photos!!! What a fabulous trip you had!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what Fabulous Pictures, Mary Jo! Mexico Is One Of My Favorite Vacations Can't Wait To Take The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun experience. Other than a cruise, I did not think about going and staying. And believe it or not, I don't like cruises. I would rather get to my destination and enjoy it rather than the boat. I think we need to add this to places to visit! And now I know who to ask :)

    Awesome pics. I can see why you guys got tired. The movement, stimulation, sun...but looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such an amazing experience. I get sea (and car) sick a lot but I just love being out on the water. So happy that you and your family had such a wonderful trip.
    Such great photos-this is going to one fun vacation to scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun Mary Jo!! I miss being out on boats!! My family used to go to the beach every Summer, when we younger, and I spend most of the time in my grandfather's boat!! :) And I can't wait to go on another cruise...they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool!!! :) My hubby went on a deep sea fishing excursion in Cancun and caught a baracuda! He was super excited! :) We also got to snorkel a little bit, which was so neat seeing the fish and coral reef. Seeing your photos makes me want to go back so badly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a fun and relaxing excursion. Thanks for sharing these vacation photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photos. Sounds like a fantastic little excursion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. This looks absolutely amazing! And you got such fabulous pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh to be there right now :)
    Great photos and it looks like an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - there were quite a few people from Canada there. They said that they get more flights from Canada then the USA these days!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful photos! Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures...it looks like it was a great excursion. I would have loved to be that close to the dolphins...I think they are the most graceful and beautiful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing pictures!! So excited all of you that you had such a fun & amazing time!
    How fun the guys went fishing while you & Erin enjoyed the boat ride!!
    We have taken a several boat tours and I agree very well worth it!!
    You will have some fun and memorable pictures to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are going to have such a great scrapbook from this trip...it sounds wonderful and good family times had by all.
    Your son and SH must have had such a blast fishing together and you and Erin had some down time!

    ReplyDelete