Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's Thursday...

my house is clean. Spent a lot of time cleaning yesterday.
One of the things I actually like about cleaning is the fun little surprises that make me smile. Such as this little Lego sniper guy perched up in a window in the family room in the basement. He is looking towards the rebel base Evan had on the floor by the wall :)


This sight also made me smile. I am so ready for Spring! And I promise you, I will not be one of those people who complain when it is hot this summer. We just head to the pool or somewhere with air conditioning on those days :)

For my scrapbook friends, I have been considering signing up for a few on-line classes. Just not all at once of course.
I have enjoyed one or two classes (and one or two not so much) from Big Picture Scrapbooking and I especially love that they do free events and classes like this one. I don't have any illusions that I will actually scrapbook on National Scrapbook Day. But just in case, I am signing up so I will have access to the private on line classroom. You never know I may be able to sneak up to my room and get a layout or two done between dance and dinner. :)
I know Julie is planning on participating. Anyone else?

I have also been looking at *This class*
being taught by Ally Dosdall at Big Picture Scrapbooking as well. Maybe to get me scrapbooking again and use up stuff I have on hand. I really like assignments and challenges to get me going, so this may be a good one. Have any of you taken it before?

Over at Two Peas in a Bucket,
I am still thinking of giving *This class* a try.

I think it would definitely be a challenge, and I would love to learn some new techniques as well. Especially ones using gelatos and watercolors! She has a second art class as well, but I think this one would be good to start with.

And I would also love to take *This class* with Jill Sprott.
It is only $12 and I am always so inspired with her projects! She is such a great storyteller and one of the things I love most about scrapbooking is getting our stories told. 

So if you have taken any of these classes, would love to hear a review. Was it worth it? 

Hope you have a great weekend!


17 comments:

  1. oh all those classes look awesome- so hard to choose! maybe one day when i retire i will be able to take a class. i really miss not having a local scrapbook store becuase i loved taking classes. one day i will again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh all those classes look great!!!!! I have been doing my own stash busting ... so it would be interesting to see her take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a great feeling to have all your cleaning down by Thursday? Those all look like great classes. especially that last one because I really struggle with journaling. I tend to want to let the pics speak for themselves. I hope you are able to get in a little scrapping on May 3ed...I am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got to relax some after a day of cleaning, Mary Jo, and you won't hear me complain about the heat either! :) I signed up for BPC's NSD day, too, but like you, I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to it. Haven't taken any of those classes, but they all look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate cleaning, but love having a clean house, LOL! :) And, I'm right there with you ... I never complain about the heat in the summer. I love it! :) I've never taken any classes, but I've often thought about it. I've wanted to take a few of the stamping classes or the Kerri Bradford Silhouette classes ... but I always put it on the back burner. Maybe one of those HOT days this summer, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the classes look excellent, it would be hard not to take them all. I love having a clean house too, I just don't appreciate all the work that goes into getting that way! Hope you have a lovely weekend. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classes can be fun and a great way to find inspiration and learn new techniques! I think Wilna's class would be a fun one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never taken an online class... The stash busters sounds very appealing to me. Ready for spring here too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I smiled at the sniper...nice to know you are well protected!

    I am sort of in a funk lately...have some pain from helth issues and feel at the end of my rope.
    Feel like everything i make looks the same and need to shake myself and try something new. Perhaps an on line course is just what I need.
    I don't drive anymore so online would be great. i hate askign DH to be my private chauffeur every day! lol just the occasional day lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny about finding Evan's toy perched in the window. :) The flower picture made me smile, as I look out the window and it's...wait for it...raining, sleeting and snowing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo of Evan's storm trooper is so cute :)
    I can't wait to see flowers….or grass for that matter, teehee.
    I hear snow again. Believe me I have never been one to complain about the hot weather :)
    I have yet to take a scrapbook class. But the one to use your stash sounds like one I could use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking about taking Wilma's class as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great week and having the house cleaned by Thursday!!
    Those are the kind of weeks I love too, when they happen!
    All of the classes sound so fun! I'm thinking about joining in on Cherry on top national scrapbook day crop. I tried it a couple years ago and it was fun! Im hoping to try it this year and have Ellie join me.
    I singed up for christy tomlinson class a year ago and never used it just got to buys with the house on the market and getting ready to move. Maybe some day I will try for another one its already expired good thing I got it for half off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah for spring! I have been doing my share of spring cleaning too. I loved Wilna's class and there is so much content that it's absolutely worth the $. I am really looking forward to Aly's Stashbusters class, hoping like you, that it will get me scrapping again. I'm still scrapping, just very slowly. So in need of some inspiration right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've taken a few online classes, and like you, I loved some and didn't like others as much. I did sign up for the National Scrapbook Day/10K class though, because it sounded cool...and if not, it was free!

    Some of the classes you posted sound really interesting!

    I love the surprise Lego guy you found - that is so fun! My surprises aren't as fun when I clean, mostly bobby pins in the laundry! Seriously though, every time, not sure what I am doing because I know I take the same number out of my hair that I put in so how do they get in the washer?!

    I hope you are finally having warmer spring temps where you are! Its warming up here, but I could do without the humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo...Wilna's class has intrigued me for quite some time, but I've never paid to scrapbook before and am really hesitant to spend money on a class unless I'm sure I'd learn something useful! Wilna uses gelatos stunningly! I've played around with them quite a bit...but am just not as impressed with what *I* can do with them. (Which may be a good reason for me to take that class. LOL!) If you take it, let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete