Wednesday, November 8, 2017

From Brussels to Zurich!

This was a day where we still had some time in Brussels before our late afternoon flight to Zurich.
We had to be out of our hotel room by 11am, but thankfully they were able to store our luggage till we were ready to leave for the airport.

So we decided to explore a new to us part of Brussels and had brunch at a place called Chicago Cafe.

 (photo from internet)
It was this cool little retro, fun place and I wish I would have actually taken a few photos inside. But I'll have to settle for a few from the internet.
(photo from internet)
In fact, I found this photo of the exact spot where we sat at that little white table! Kind of fun.
But I digress. The food was really, really good. I had a cheese omelet with toast and fruit salad. It wasn't what I would call a traditional omelet, but I liked it. And the service was pretty good, so it was another favorite restaurant along with the one from dinner the night before.

Then we decided to walk around for awhile.
We literally just wandered the streets and took it all in one last time. There was so much I loved about Brussels. The beautiful old buildings and lots of cobblestone streets.
 I loved this building that reminded me of Hogwarts castle a little.
So many pretty balconies.
The chocolates! They were all so pretty. We almost bought this box for Erin but then found another one we liked better.
And then after a lunch at Manhattn's Burgers (and yes I did see the irony that we ate breakfast at a place called Chicago Cafe and Lunch at Manhattn's Burgers while in Brussels!) We found this little spot.
The Mont Des Arts Garden. It had been on my walking tour list, but we didn't make it there that first day. And then as we were walking around we accidentally stumbled across it. Such a beautiful view!
Just the two of us - Mont Des Arts with the City Hall in the background - Aug. 3, 2017
Just sitting enjoying the view and the moment.
We were running out of time though. So we headed back to Maison Dandoy to get one last waffle to go to split.
And we sat and ate it in the Grand Place. Perfect end to our time in Brussels!
Just the two of us in the Grand Place one last time - Aug. 3, 2017
I snapped this photo because this was the route we usually took going back to our hotel from the Grand Place. And I always knew right where we turned for our hotel because if you look closely you can see the balcony with the flower boxes way up there. I loved that balcony!

After picking up our luggage, we walked to the train station that would take us to the airport for the last stop of our trip - Zurich, Switzerland.

I think I will just wait and talk about our first night in Zurich on my next post. We didn't get in there until 8pm so it was a little late.

But I ended the day with 23,387 steps but I was short around 1000 because my fitbit finally went dead. And we walked 10.1 miles total (minus a little bit)

I miss Brussels sometimes and looking back, I now wish we had a little more time to spend in Belgium. Next to Italy and Germany, I wouldn't mind going back to Belgium someday to explore a little more. It will always hold a special place in my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Loving these photos!!! And that is hilarious about Chicago and Manhattan!!! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place! The chocolates caught my eye. LOL! Swiss chocolate is so good. :)

    ReplyDelete