Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Tuesday!

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!
I know I have said it before, but I love the fact that I have met some truly great women through scrapbooking and the internet.
On Sunday, I was finally able to meet my friend Katy when she came into town for her son's volleyball tournament.
We have known each other for several years, and didn't want to miss the chance to meet in person. We didn't have a lot of time, but we managed to talk about so much in the time we did have. It felt like we have known each other forever!

I was also able to take the kids to see a play based on one of our favorite children's books! I have been wanting to do more activities like this. It seems as if I am always finding out about fun things happening around town after they are over. Thankfully, my friend Kelly told me about a group that has an email newsletter each week sharing information about local activities.

As for scrapbooking, I have been doing a lot of organizing and creating a "share" pile. So look for a giveaway in the near future. :) And I do have several pages planned with the photos and product already pulled.. Even some sketches and other challenges to use as well. I am thinking today will be the perfect day with both kids in school and not too much on my agenda besides laundry.

I do want to share one cool resource I found through the Two Peas in a Bucket scrapbook message board before I go. A fun little site called Kanvess.com. If you are looking for a place to print your Instagram photos, I had some good luck with them.
It was super easy! I just signed in with my Instagram account, chose the photos I wanted copies of and ordered. They came two or three days later. They are 25 cents each and come in a 3x3 size. So I am excited to scrapbook several of these little photos!

But like I said, nothing to big on the agenda today while the kids are at school. So I plan to scrapbook as many pages as I can!  :)


21 comments:

  1. How fun to meet a new friend!!!! And me and Brookie went and saw a play this weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of exciting stuff happening! I miss the days of taking Alexa to kids' plays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an awesome weekend! oh tfs the awesome way to print your instagrams!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the chance to meet some scrapping online friends in person too and it is fun! The play sounds fun and I hope you get lots of scrapping done this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited that you met one of your online friends! Looks like a fun play!
    Thank you for the info on the instagram pictures. I have not signed up for instagram yet not sure i will because I don't want to have to upload more picture- lol.
    Glad you will have some scrapping time. I have deadlines I'm working on one came up unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun you got to meet!!! Very cool!

    I always miss stuff...so glad you found out and looks like it was great!

    Always good to purge!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to be able to meet up with an internet friend. Hope you got lots of scrapping done today too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful that you met an internet friend in person. Sounds like you had a fun holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool you got to meet your friend face to face! We love that book too :) I'm loving the Instagram pics, I deleted my account ages ago because I couldn't figure out how to print them! Might have to install the app again...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love meeting scrappy friends in person!! We share a lot of our personal lifes with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love meeting scrap friends in real life! Wow, that's a great price on the Instagra pics, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so neat you met up with an online friend...I just happened to meet up with a friend "across the pond" whom I haven't seen in 8 years. I can so relate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the picture in your blog header! What an amazing view to see when you are working on projects. I'm jealous! That's so great that you got to "meet" one of your online friends....I've always thought it is so great that we can make friends in these types of formats but it does make you wish you could meet them occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a perfect day! Great resource for Instagrams, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you two had a blast! Glad you got to go to a play!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun that you got to meet a blogging friend IRL. That is really one of my favorite things about blogging! Thank you for sharing about Kanvess...i am always looking for great places to print my IG photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chris was in town coaching a boys vb team from Milwaukee, so we got to see him. A great weekend for both of us. What age and where does your friend's son play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb - they are from Ohio in the 18 and under group. He is 17 or 18.

      Delete
  18. How exciting to meet up with your friend :)
    I remember reading this book to my girls...so neat that you got to see the play :)
    How fun to print those photos up in the square shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so fun that you were able to meet up with your friend!

    The play sounds like such a cool family activity. My mom used to take us to things like that, and I still remember how fun it was!

    I hope you were able to scrap yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun that you got to meet your friend! Thanks for sharing your instagram tip!

    ReplyDelete