(this is my photo and one I plan to use to scrapbook about date nights thanks to this post by Tanya)
A few weeks ago, we went out to dinner and then to the Chocolate Bar afterwards. Just the two of us.
I mean I love my children, but it was so great to be able to talk without interruptions. And just be together.
And we both agree that we need more date nights! It's so good for us.
So I made a list of ideas we can do for date nights. A few came from some of my Paper Issues Design Team friends, too.
1. The Art Museum
(not my photo)they added a brand new wing last summer that I have yet to see. And the museum is open late on Friday nights. So I hear it is a popular free date night spot for couples. I love the art museum and think it would be fun to have dinner and then just go explore it together.
2. Couples Massage - We both could use a little stress free relaxation time I think. We'll see if Mike goes for this one :)
3. Go to a Blues Hockey game
(also not my photo)
We both love hockey, but it has been a while since we have been to an actual game! I miss it!!
4. A Play or Broadway type show - We have several really great theaters in town. Some big and some small. We haven't been to a play in a while either. But we have seen quite a few together, and I always enjoy it!
5. A Cooking Class - one of my blog / design team friends, Lisa, recommended this and I think it's a fun idea!
6. Photo Walk - this would be more for warmer weather. But someone recommended going to a favorite spot and take photos together.
7. Local planetarium or observatory to star gaze - we did something like this on our anniversary trip in Canada. A local astronomer came with his telescope one night. It was pretty cool!
8. Concerts -
(my photo taken with my iphone)
we went to Loufest this past summer and saw some great bands. We have been to a zillion U2 concerts together. Vampire Weekend, Radiohead, the Black Keys, Jane's Addiction, Live, Weezer and more. We love music and I really love seeing live shows together! Especially at the smaller venues.
9. And the old standby, Dinner and a Movie - we don't go out to movies as much anymore because we have a pretty nice set up at home. And we all know sometimes that staying home is just easier.
So my question for you. What are your favorite type of date nights? Any ideas I could add to my list? ;)
This post is part of a list-making project called Lists With Friends 2014, an effort to document the year in lists of all types!