Friday, April 6, 2012

Ireland to Me

The trip Mike and I took to Ireland in 2009 had a big impact on me. It is something I will never, ever forget!
Of course we took tons of photos. And I plan on doing an album for the two of us. Plus one with just U2 concert photos.
But I am also in the process of making an 8 1/2 x 11 album of just my memories. My favorite sights, photos, and memories. Basically what Ireland and that trip means to me.

This is my title page...
A photo out of the airplane on the ride over.
journaling:
"On Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, Mike and I boarded a plane at 7pm and headed to Chicago. From there we flew a direct 8 hour flight to Ireland, not arriving until 8 am the next morning their time.

Leading up to this trip, I was so excited. It was a dream trip I had been wanting to take for years. We were going to Ireland. To see U2!

I thought I would be anxious. Leaving the kids. Flying across the ocean! But it wasn't as bad as I feared. Yes, I really missed the kids. But I knew I might never have this chance again and felt so surprisingly calm. So happy!"

And it's only the beginning. Looking forward to reliving a lot of happy memories :)

For the Family:


This is a photo of Erin who came with my parents to pick us up from the airport after our trip. She was so little! Just getting ready to turn two. With her short curly hair. Makes my heart melt. She was so happy to see us! And I could not wait to scoop her up and hold her!
Evan on the other hand refused to come to the airport. He was a little mad at us for being gone so long, so he stayed back at the house with his Mimi. But let me tell you. It didn't last long when we arrived home. I think he was just as happy to see us as we were him!

14 comments:

  1. Love the layout and the clean and simple design! What a cool photo. Too funny about Evan not wanting to come to the airport, wonder how he would feel now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start out your book. I can't wait to see your photos and pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome trip. Great title page - love the scallops! Great that you have a plan for how you are going to split up your photos. I am STILL working my Europe trip, 2 years later. I bet I'll still be working on it 2 years from now! But that just means I keep busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so jealous! One day I will get to see Ireland. That layout is gorgeous, love the design, colors, and that photo.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful first page! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your album as it comes together. It will probably be the only way I'll ever "see" Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous title page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful!
    love the trim around each edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you got to experience a once in a lifetime trip like that! It's good to do things for yourself now and then without the kids. I hope I get to travel someday too! PS If you would enable the name/url option on your blog it would be easier to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived in Northern Ireland for almost 1/2 a year. I feel in love. There is absolutely nothing like it. Sounds like you had an unforgettable experience, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That page is amazing! love everything about it! the soft colors with the kraft background, the butterflies, the photo, the great journaling! sounds like an amazing trip! so cool to do an album of just your special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is amazing and it looks great in your page design! What an amazing trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice front page.
    What an exciting trip, plus seeing U2. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page! It's a great first page for the album.

    ReplyDelete