Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Right Now!

So on Monday I promised a layout based on my "Currently Listening To," music post from a few weeks back.
After that post, I kept thinking that I really needed to turn it into a layout because music is such a big part of my life!
The basic design is actually inspired by Julie Kirk's layout I saw in Prompt #2 of Shimelle Laine's Pretty Paper Party class. I signed up for the class because it looked like so much fun. It is definitely fun, but there are still quite a few prompts I haven't checked out yet.

Anyway, this layout combines challenges from Prompt #1 and #2 - mix paper strips and use a patterned paper background instead of cardstock.
I chose a patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line as my base
And I decided to do my own take the paper strip challenge by using a bunch of Dear Lizzy Neapolitan cut off strips you see on the bottom of each piece of paper.Like this one...
You can see several pieces of that little strip of hearts on my layout. Each paper in the Neapolitan collection has one of those little strips at the bottom and I also used a stripe and number one.
The tag I used for my journaling is an older one from my stash that Erin actually picked out and I went with it :)

I have a feeling I will be doing this more. Turning blog posts into layouts! It was a lot of fun putting this layout together.
Are you ever inspired to create layouts from your blog posts?

16 comments:

  1. what a fun layout!! love the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE those tear strips from Dear Lizzy...they are so cute! Great idea for a page too! I've used blog posts for journaling before. Helps to refresh my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie here! I absolutely loved this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog :) MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout--- love all the photos you fit on there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic design, mary jo! i love using tear strips. sometimes, i even cut off the name of the paper and use it if it goes along with the page i'm doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO!!
    What a fun idea to scrap your favorite music!!
    Sounds like a fun challenge!
    IKWYM! I love music too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout.
    I have done a layout out of one of my blog posts. It was about my hubby and my "Real love story".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that paper line! Just made a card with it today, in fact :) I don't think I've ever made a layout based on a blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a layout - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! I've never made a layout based on a blog post, but that is such a great idea! Blogging does keep me crafting more often though, because I want to have new things to share on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout - fun playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome idea, and I love how the layout turned out! The washi tape and strip are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Mary Jo, I love this layout...so fun...love the design, and especially love the topic! And yes, I love those little strips too...they are like little gems.

    Oh, and I finally saw the Scrapbooks, Etc...beautiful! So excited for you...congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never done a LO based on a blog post, but this one was so cool I may have to give it a try! TFS, and thanks for stopping by my blog last week and leaving such a nice comment! =D

    ReplyDelete