Monday, January 10, 2011

Layouts to Share

Ok, that was a nice little blog break :) I guess a week isn't to long, but my goal this year is to share posts a little more frequently than once a week. I think it's because we are finally getting back into a routine here. And it just feels like there is so much on my to-do list sometimes!
And now that we are getting back into routine, we are apparently supposed to get a lot of snow here today and tomorrow :)
These two layouts were actually made last April at a misting class I took at the Creating Keepsakes Convention. But I have never shared them on the blog. The photos and topics of each layout are mine of course. The first layout, "Those Curls", we were using a masking technique with an American Crafts Thicker of our choice. The one I used went pretty well with the story I was telling I think :)

This layout, I wasn't to crazy that we were using black to mist with. But then I had a great time putting the design block together. Another fun story I wanted to tell about the little gate in our backyard that Erin is always trying to sneak through. Yep, she figured out how to unlock it :)

I really did like using the mists and would like to use them a little more often this year. More for masking techniques then just misting over a whole page. But I thought it was creative how April masked the design box element.
I was hoping to go to CKC this April again, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
Maybe in 2012 :)

2 comments:

  1. love those layouts... I might have to copy them :), specially the first one. I like the linear flower arrangement

    ReplyDelete