Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Memorial

Sharing my final layout for the month using the November Mindfulness kit by Scrapbooking From the Inside Out
I actually did use only product from the kit which contained mostly aqua, white, orange and peach colors. It's amazing what one little navy blue ink pad can do to change things up. Especially to the Pink Paislee resistable paper that is matting my journal block and the aqua chipboard letters by American Crafts. :)

Once again, I was inspired by the quote die cut from the Teresa Collins "Tell Your Story Line"

That second one from the bottom. I had not originally intended on doing a page like this. But when the kit came and I saw those quotes, I thought of these photos. The Memorial site was definitely a place to be mindful and present.

Journaling:
Words cannot begin to describe how moving the Sept.11th Memorial at the Art Museum in 2011 was to us.
When we arrived, just seeing the number of flags (one for each life lost) was overwhelming.
The only sound was a quiet flapping of the flags as a breeze blew around us. All of the visitors walked among the flags reading the labels on the poles with the names of the victims.
I think for the first time, Evan really understood what happened that day. And I felt a sadness for the families of those who lost loved ones because of such hatred. 

As for my closet organization project which I talked about on this post, I have definitely made progress. Did not make my Sunday deadline, but getting pretty sick on Thursday set me back. I was pretty much out for the whole day.
But you can see here that my huge pile in Erin's room is a lot smaller.
(and getting some cute baskets for Erin's toy shelf is next on the list!)
So smaller pile, lots of things thrown out or recycled, and...

I know it still looks a bit messy inside, but I am on the verge of getting everything into it's spot! I organized my photos about two years ago, but they needed some help again. So I feel like I am in a good spot as far as photo boxes go!

So almost there! I knew it was going to be a huge project and take a lot of time. Which is why I procrastinated for so long!

As for blogging, I have a post going up over at Craft Your Nest tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Otherwise, I am taking off until next week for the holidays.
If you celebrate Thanksgiving here in the States...Happy Thanksgiving!!!

19 comments:

  1. Another beautiful and touching layout, Mary Jo! Looks like your defunkifying is coming along nicely. So sorry to hear you were sick! Happy Thanksgiving to you! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! Those photos are powerful as is your journaling!! And GOOD JOB on coming along with your organizing!! Looks AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super layout!

    good luck on your organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout! Those photos are amazing! Looks like a very moving sight to see. You are making progress with the organizing. Hope you get everything where you want it. And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and humbling layout. Each year on the anniversary, it is still so difficult to wrap my brain around all that happened on that fateful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day that must have been, I do think 10 is a good age to understand all the aspects of war...death included...It is so sad!
    You layout is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! Oh, my own scrap area needs some organization pretty bad! I will try to do something about it as soon as the Holidays are over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your page! Looks like you're making progress with organization, too. Hope you're feeling better for the Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning LO, Mary Jo!

    Yay for getting organized!

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when you posted about this last year, love the layout you made. You have made progress!! Hope you're feeling better and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout and quite the memorial. You are making progress on the toy front.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout, the photo of the flags is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful page...so reverently done! Great job on the organizing; it can be so overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page... love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layout touched my heart, and that photo of Evan in amongst those flags even more so.

    I am so happy you are joining in with my Defunkifying missions...I am rooting for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Lo so touching and beautiful!
    That day I will never forget I feel so bad for all the lives that were lost and for the families & friends who miss their loved ones.
    Erin toy shelf is looking amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a thoughtful and moving layout. I can only imagine the emotion you had as you stood there looking at all those flags.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a special layout. I always find the September 11 memorials to be very emotional.

    I love how you were able to change the colors of the layout to work with your photographs.

    Your organizing project is looking awesome!

    I hope you are feeling better, and that you have an awesome Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a beautiful memorial. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete