Thursday, November 1, 2012

November

Hope everyone who celebrated had a great Halloween! We really did thanks to friends and neighbors. Despite Mike having to be out of town. Although we did miss him and it just wasn't the same!
I will have some photos to share on Monday. Just didn't have time last night to get it all together :)

Now since it is November, I have a layout to share with you from the new November kit by Scrapbooking From the Inside Out.
I think this is a page that a lot of women can relate to on a daily basis! The "Mindfullness" theme of the kit this month, immediately made me think of how I feel like I am always thinking ahead these days. Not feeling relaxed and in the moment, but thinking of the next item I need to check off on my to do list!

Journaling:
Not quite sure why, but I do know that these days my mind is continually racing. Whatever I am doing, I feel as if I am continually thinking into the future about what needs to be done. What can I cross off my to do list? I am afraid I will forget to do something important. And it's driving me crazy!

Back in the days before kids, I would go for long walks for exercise in our neighborhood after work. Just relaxed and focused on the walk. But these days, that isn't the case. Listening to music on my ipod does help a bit, but I still find myself wanting to hurry up my workout so I can get on to the next thing.

I feel fragmented. Like I need to be in a million places at once. I am trying to multi task and do too many things at the same time. And not doing any of them well!

There is the closet in Erin's room that has needed cleaning out and organizing for a year now. I want to go through each room of the house and figure out what we should get rid of and what we should keep. The house continually needs cleaning and upkeep. School for the kids involves overseeing homework, paperwork, checks to be written and more! There is so much to do and it seems less time to do it.

I just want to slow down a bit and not wish the days or time away. I want our family to be able to relax and enjoy time together. And I want to be focused in the present more than I am.

There has to be a way to slow this down and not always feel like I am racing towards a finish line!


That little light bulb embellishment on there is by Prima Marketing.
I have to admit that I was a little thrown by them at first. And then I thought of light bulbs and how they appear over cartoon characters heads when they get an idea :) Which made me think of thinking and the mind. So I decided to use one for this particular page. Although I decided to try and scrape off the letters because I received two and neither of the words really worked with my page. I discovered that it was indeed possible to just scrape off the word with my fingernail and have a plain light bulb which I like very much!
The yellow chevron paper is a resistable paper by Pink Paislee that I just colored with stamping ink.
And the instagram photo was taken on a walk down my street to the mailbox one day. And I thought it worked well with my journaling :)

And here is the November kit over at SFTIO. Lots of Teresa Collins and Cosmo Cricket with a little Studio Calico, Glitz and Prima thrown in :) You can see more photos and the list of contents here! :)


I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend! Ours shouldn't be quite as crazy as last weekend. But you just never know :)

22 comments:

  1. i remember motherhood when the girls were small...I can relate to your journalling cuz that is how I felt then. it does get better...as they are able to do more and help you and you can turn those helping times into fun times...that feeling of never being able to relax and always rushing to the next item on the list, sort of subsides...and that is a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful layout!! and i love how you used the light bulb- that would have really thrown me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and so touching!!! I can totally relate ... I think a lot of us can .... just gorgeous... thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great page! You create such meaningful layouts! I LOVE that lightbulb! I need some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful journaling, and something I can completely relate to, even though we are empty nesters. I guess it's just that time of year. That light bulb is unique and I love the way you used it on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing page, Mary Jo! I can totally relate. I was just talking to my hubby about this very topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO! Love the use of the light bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome LO! Those light bulbs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing layout, and I love how you used the light bulb. ITA with your journaling. I keep waiting for the finish line, but it just doesn't seem to be getting any closer, no matter how fast I'm running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I ALWAYS get so much out of your journaling! Today is no exception! I think all of us (I KNOW I can) relate to not "being in the moment".

    Thanks for sharing your wisdom and "light bulbs". LOL I need some of these for those occasional "light bulb moments". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy does THAT layout speak to me! I love the lightbulb...such a cool embellishment! Now if only I could slow down myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful layout! And I think that there are so many of us that feel the same way....my mind is constantly racing ahead especially where scrapbooking projects are concerned...the list is constantly getting longer with little getting marked off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing layout and journaling! Love those light bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally relate to your journaling. That picture is great too! The plain light bulb works great, glad you were able to scrape the letters off :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah yes.... I think we all feel this way at some point :) I love your composition on this and the chosen photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary Jo, you are such a wonderful journaler. I really enjoyed reading that. And I feel the same way. And then I get obsessed with trying to tell myself to enjoy every single minute because they are going to be gone - I'm a bit fearful of the passage of time in that regard. I just try to tackle it one day at a time or I should say two days at at time. The lightbulb was perfect here. Lovely photo and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your layout is so personal and so right on the button.
    Great layout and love those little light bulbs, haven't seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful LO!!
    Love your journaling!
    IKWYM I often do that myself! I really wish the days would slow down to so I can enjoy the simple imperfect days in life.
    I know about closet too I have several bags I need to go through in our master closert i hope to work on them next week. I started 2 weeks ago and then this week I wasnt feeling well and last week ellie was sick.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous layout- I love all of the journaling! Pretty cool how you were able to scrape the words off of the lightbub.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome layout. I love that photo - great visual for looking ahead, yet trying to remain grounded. Such pretty colors in this kit! Hope you get some time to slow down and relax this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great layout! I love how you took the words off of the light bulb. I like them much better without the words on it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can relate to this. Well documented and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete