Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Page of the Month Contest

This is the scrapbook layout I made for the Page of the Month Contest over at Scrapgal
It's based on a sketch they provide. I am making an 8 1/2 album for me with my thoughts and feelings on that amazing trip to Ireland Mike and I took summer of 2009. Yes, I cannot believe it has been that long already!
But there are so many things I remember from that trip so vividly still. And other things I am forgetting, but am so grateful I kept a daily journal on it. And then blogged about it here  and  here  and here  and here  and  here  and finally here

I had a lot of blog posts about Ireland. But I pretty much took my daily journal and just added the photos. A fun combination! Plus I added a few bits and thoughts of how I felt after coming back. This trip really was something I am proud of. Flying over the ocean (yikes!). Having to leave my children behind in another country let alone continent! Seeing U2 live. Meeting people I will probably never be able to see again, but who made a difference to me in that short time I was there. Spending that time with Mike just relaxing and exploring a whole new world to us.

I hope to go back some day. I really do :0)

8 comments:

  1. Love this page, great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page!
    I love Ireland... Although I´ve only been to Nothern Ireland as my daughter lives there. But it was soooo beautiful and we are planning to go back there in April. Can´t wait...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness that would be an AWESOME place to go! LOVE the photograph and the Layout...and your scrappy space is so CLEAN!!!! :)
    xx
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, you know I LOVE this! Awesome page and beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout and what an amazing photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lo! I bet that was an amazing trip!!!

    ReplyDelete